Thursday, March 19, 2009

Nothing Much to Report

I just wanted to give everyone an update - such as it is...

Unfortunately, we don't have much more information than we had last night. The results of CJ's brain scan came back clean so he was started on blood thinners during the night. He had his other scan today and we are still waiting on results. In fact, we're still waiting on results from Monday's bone marrow and spinal tap. It certainly can be frustrating - all of this waiting!

Sheree was hoping this stay would be a short day or two. We'll keep our fingers crossed, but I fear it may take longer to regulate the blood thinners. They did give him platelets today. From what Sheree tells me, this is because of the changes to his blood due to the thinners.

I'll probably just add to this post later - once there is more to report.

2 comments:

  1. This is NUTS! he's in a Children's Hospital...I just don't understand what the hold up is. Not good for any of us, that's for sure!

    I did spend time with Craig Stephen today and other than not wanting to take his medicine he was in a very good mood. We went and played and he took me on a walk and he even made a little video (I'll post it on my Facebook page for those that didn't get the e-mail). He seemed in much better spirits and had a lot more color today than he has had.

    I just wish those drs would let us know the results of that CT scan!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a link to some video I took at the hospital Thursday. He seemed a bit stronger and had lots more color. He doesn't talk much in the video, but he wanted to be taped so he could see himself on the puter.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmakhgBUck8

    ReplyDelete